Support the trail by becoming a member of the North Carolina Bartram Trail Society. Membership dues are our most important source of income, and you can help fund the maintenance and improvement of the trail by becoming a member. Annual dues are a modest $20, and as a member you will receive our periodic newsletter.Lifetime memberships are also available for $500.
Annual Family Membership – $20.00/year
Lifetime Family Membership – $500.00
Please note that PayPal handles membership subscriptions separately from other items you may order on this page.
The new NC Bartram Trail Map is now available!
Full color, printed on Waterproof/Tearproof paper, the map includes:
- An overview of the 80+ miles of the yellow-blazed Bartram Trail in North Carolina, the blue-blazed side trails and all topographic features
- Also shows the Appalachian Trail from below Wayah Bald to Cheoah Bald as well as the Appletree loop trails and many other area side trails
- Elevation profiles of the entire length of the NC BT; USGS topo contours at 50-foot intervals
- Scale: 1:35,000; mile-by-mile readings for both North-to-South and South-to-North hiking
- GPS coordinates for BT trail heads
- Area places of interest: scenic vistas, waterfalls, historic markers, picnic areas and campgrounds
- Many natural history facts about the biodiversity of native flora and fauna along the BT, about William Bartram and about the NC Bartram Trail Society
We also have available for purchase excellent Trail Guides for both the North Carolina and Georgia Bartram Trail, written by John R. Ray and Malcolm J. Skove, two experienced trail enthusiasts. This Guides provides detailed information about each section of the trail and include point-by-point descriptions of landmarks along the trail, information about campsites, water availability and other important things to know, and driving directions to all trail access points. They also have black and white topographic maps of the trail sections. Guides are $14.00 each, postage and handling included.
North Carolina Portion of Bartram Trail
Georgia Portion of Bartram Trail