April 6th, 2016 by NC BTS
The NC Bartram Trail Society is proud to announce that our new, updated trail map is now available for purchase.
We’ve incorporated your feedback and suggestions into this full-color map which is now printed on waterproof/tearproof paper.
The new map includes:
- An overview of the 80+ miles of the yellow-blazed Bartram Trail in North Carolina, the blue-blazed side trails and all topographic features
- Also shows the Appalachian Trail from below Wayah Bald to Cheoah Bald as well as the Appletree loop trails and many other area side trails
- Elevation profiles of the entire length of the NC BT; USGS topo contours at 50-foot intervals
- Scale: 1:35,000; mile-by-mile readings for both North-to-South and South-to-North hiking
- GPS coordinates for BT trail heads
- Area places of interest: scenic vistas, waterfalls, historic markers, picnic areas and campgrounds
- Many natural history facts about the biodiversity of native flora and fauna along the BT, about William Bartram and about the NC Bartram Trail Society
This entry was posted on Wednesday, April 6th, 2016 at 8:45 am and is filed under Announcements, Map, News and Events. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.